Sati Sangha’s mission is to support and foster greater self-understanding and spiritual development through Reflective Meditation practice combined with the study of early Buddhist teachings. We offer both local and online communities, meditation retreats, and a mentorship program for those aspiring to teach this meditation practice in their own communities.
From Sati Sangha and Pine Street Sangha
We don’t know how long this period of social distancing will last: these times are stressful and fear can easily consume us. Nelly Kaufer and I would like to share our reflective meditation practice with you as a refuge and a time for daily connection. We’re offering an open meditation group to both our communities.
Everyday – starting March 17, 2020
End date: TBD
Time: 9am to 10am PST
9am PST – short dharma prompt
20-30 minute meditation sitting
10 minutes reflective journaling
9:45am PST – 15 minute sharing/ closing
Sati Sangha offers many ways to meditate and reflect with friends:
- Local Meetups: half-day and day-long meditation groups.
- Residential Retreats: opportunities to meditate and integrate the practice in beautiful, peaceful settings.
- Online Groups and Retreats: meditate on your own with others; led by Linda and other reflective meditation teachers.
- One on One: support and mentorship from Linda Modaro, our lead teacher.
- Teacher Training: mentorship for meditation teachers to learn to teach reflective meditation. Coming soon – Ethical Reflection modules that will be open to teachers from other Buddhist traditions.
More ways to engage:
- BLOG Reflective Meditation: a creative path for mindful practice: our community’s reflections on living, meditating and the dharma.
- FOLLOW US Monthly Email: timely reflections, conversations, invitations, and updates.
- eJOURNAL Reflective Meditation: creative writing, artwork and audio recordings from the meditation community, produced by Sati Sangha.
The Sati Sangha Council and friends.
Sati – mindfulness, awareness and recollective awareness, presence of mind, discerning, receptivity, to remember, to reflect upon
Sangha – community of meditators, friends meditating together with consideration and respect